What is g3nius.org?
If you are interested in a project available here, feel free to download the source code. We provide
the source code of most of the projects we publish, under this very unrestrictive
license, unless another license is specified. For any question or comment, contact us by email.
Our most recent projects
Looking for a piece of code?
Random bits of knowledge
Knowledge for fun, knowledge for free!
- FPGA-based LCD Controller September 2011 - small writeup on how to control a laptop LCD panel with a low-end FPGA.
- Flash Reader Board June-July 2011 - a small and low cost board which can be used for reading flash ICs from foreign devices.
- µFTDI June 2011 - µFTDI is a redesign of the SparkFun FTDI Cable optimzed for size. There's also a neat embeddable version of this board.
- Plaintext Search November 2010 - This is a web frontend for searching in a set of rainbow tables. Currently under 2TB of tables are available, with many different algorithms: MD5, LM, NTLM, SHA1, MySQL-SHA1. Most of them were downloaded from freerainbowtables.com, thanks guys! Email me if you want me to add other tables.
- A simple (python) RSS parser for TvRage.com March 2010 - This is a set of python files that will parse rss feeds from TvRage.com and spit out HTML pages featuring a very simple design (and no ads!). unfortunately, it may no longer work.
- Subverting Archos 5/7 Devices 2009-2010 - This is a wiki dedicated to some reverse engineering work on the Archos 5/7 family of products. The devices revealed all their secrets and this project matured into openAOS.
- xFTPd - A Distributed FTP Daemon 2006-2007 - You can also visit from xftpd.com or xftpd.org
- VB.NET Projects 2007 - A collection of custom user controls written in Visual Basic for the .NET platform.
- Injector June 2006 - The closest thing to a fork on Win32. This is a piece of code that will copy a PE image from a running process into another one, and launch a chosen function in a new thread, in the remote process. This is great for pwdump-style applications, when you need to execute code in the context of another process. Note, your executable needs to be compiled with relocations enabled, and most printf-style functions will crash the remote application.
- Little Xor December 2005 - A very simple obfuscation solution for your Win32 executables. It will xor the code section of an executable and add a payload to de-xor it before execution. It uses the padding that is usually present at the end of the code section, and will not work if the padding space is not large enough to fit the payload. You can use this python script to revert the executable to a normal state.
- Hidden Service Detector 2005 - Detect services hidden by some rootkits on windows platform.
It was fun while it lasted
- Lockpicking - An introduction to the art of picking locks.
- Rainbow Table Packer - a method to sort and compress rainbow tables, and use the compressed tables seaminglessly like normal tables.
Last Update: October 6, 2011